Sunday 1 April 2012

Phat Slapper

After a crazy night down town and being tricked into a very hot Thia curry I wasn't feeling the strongest this morning, but being psyched and the sun shining I was determined to get out and get something done.I headed to my usual hunting ground the cuttings with Alisha, I wasn't planning on spending long down there but just enough time to give me my fix for the day, I decided to check out the small area up on the main crag. Lots of hard routes that require good technique (That's me out of the game). Anyway I warmed up on a really crimpy V2 called "Phat Traverse". I the jumped on the classic V6 called "Phat Slapper". This was pretty tough and to make things worse quite high too with the crux being at the top, After a short while working it and falling off the dynamic last move I finally managed to send it.
Not much climbing got done after this really, we sat, looked at the guide book, eat cakes and enjoyed the sun before deciding to head of for a walk along the cliff top. I had a look at the three Star V7 called "Collo Della Terra" which looked amazing so bring on next weekend where I can hopefully get somewhere on it.


Also a good friend of mine Paul is on his Everest attempt now so please all check out his blog at http://dosummitgood.blogspot.co.uk/

The highball V6 "Phat Slapper"

Portland coast through the eyes of
An Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end