Sunday 26 February 2012

Blood Bath..

Beautiful Sunshine and perfect temperatures greeted us on the Bouldefield today, Myself, Paul and my little one Alisha were all psyched to hit the problems, We warmed up on the crack boulder climbing the crack, The Arete and the Lip Traverse, after a few attempts and much frustration Paul managed to get the crack ticked, I then went over to have a look at Blood Bath, Its a V5 with a pretty powerful  start, I had tried it a few years ago when i first started bouldering but couldn't even get of the ground, but today I managed to send it on the second attempt.We then headed on round to the jelly boulder, There was a cool V5 on here called The death of the Kings, I had a few attempt and kept falling at the last few moves, it was pretty pumpy and the rock at the finish was very sharp, I had a little break while the others climbed, paul managed to get his first V3 by climbing a little problem on the Arete called "Bag o shite". I was very proud of my little one Alisha too who managed to put up a new line graded at V1, she has named it "Prickles"After a short break and some food I jumped back on my V5, feeling strong and psyched I managed to send the route.
still pumping with adrenaline I went round the corner and managed to climb the V7 "Grafenberg".


All feeling pretty done for we decided to call it a day, I had a little look at "Lightning strikes on the way out and manged to work out a sequence on it so Im looking forward to getting this done, I did set myself a goal of getting it done by the end of the year but I think if I want it enough Il have done by the summer.


Alisha on "The Arete" V3


Paul on "The Arete" V3


Me on "Lip Traverse"


Sending "Blood bath" V5



Alisha

Me on "lemon Jelly" V3


Paul on "Lemon Jelly" V3


Me on " The death of Kings" V5


Alisha on the FA of "Prickles" V1


Paul on "Bag o Shite" V3


Me on "Grafenberg" V7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end