Thursday 7 July 2011

poor weather and loose screws

Things havent seem to have gone to plan after our early success early on in the week on the forbes arete. Scott managed to roll his ankle on the walk out from the auguille de chardonnet causing him some greif, after close inspection and a visit to the chamonix nurse they have noticed that one of the screws in his ankle has started to work its way loose causing him some pain and serious problems for the future, he is now under strict conditions of no climbing for the remainder of the trip... This sort of leaves me at a bit of a loose end but being in chamonix I am sure there is something I can do.


Scotts ankle with the bottom right screw starting to work its way loose

Last night I headed down to the Le Col Des Montets for a chilled evening of bouldering with Kat and her freind Paulo Sutch, It was nice to meet Paulo has he was really nice person and also a very succsessful photographer working for the magazines Elle and Vouge,It was really nice to chat has we all had a go at a varied grade of routes, the routes here seemed pretty easy compared to the bouldering back home, I managed to onsight all the routes I tried other than one 6c called "la Saliiere" but I will try to get back over there before I head home and get the route ticked has We run out of light before I had chance to finish the last move.

Paulo on "La Fissure" 4c

Kat on "La Fissure" 4c

Kat on "La Fissure" 4c

Today I decided to head up to the Planpraz and walk the traverse to the Flegere station some way down the valley,I have wanted to do this for a while now has there are some great veiws up there of the Mont blanc range, The walk was really nice and fairly easy, I was thinking lots on how my little Alisha would love this walk, to be honest made me realise how much I was missing my little ones and Sarah. I must persuade Sarah to come out here some time soon so she can see how buetiful this place is. Anyway I eventually arrived at Flegere where I sat for a while sipping a large coffee looking up at the line of the Americain Direcct on the Dru, A route in which I really want to try and climb, Its pretty tough and committing but for some strange reason it really appeals to me, Hopefully one day I will get the chance to attempt to route.

Still  having no climbing Partner and the weather not the best I have decided to head up to the Plan de l'Aiguille and make the walk along the scenic route to the Montenvers where from here I should be able to get a better veiw of the Dru.
Only a couple of days left in Chamonix now so really looking forward to heading home to see my lovely Sarah and girls...


Mont Blanc with looming clouds

Mont Blanc


Paraglider flying over Chamonix

Paraglider with the grande Charmoz Le grepon behind

The Dru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end