Saturday 12 February 2011

The End to a good trip

Feeling tired today I wasnt sure if I was ready to push on to next grade of Wi6, after arriving at keintal and looking up at "Naturtrueb" it wasnt long before i became psyched and ready to attempt the line.
Scott was on lead for the first pitch, he took a more central line up the pillar today rather than the right hand side he had climbed the day before. he pushed on up getting a little pumped towards the top of the pitch but making good work arrived at the balay safely. I followed on up, feeling pretty strong and arrived shortly after.




Scott on pitch 1 of "Naturtrueb" Wi6  
photo: Ramon Marin 


Scott on pitch 1 of "Naturtrueb" Wi6  
photo: Ramon Marin 




I looked up at the second pitch and it looked much steeper than it did from the floor, I was a little spooked by it but was determined to attempt the pitch. scott handed over the rack and after a few short breaths I was on my way.


The climbing felt pretty hard, i was feeling a little tense but after placing a few screws I manged to relax a little, the pitch seemed very long and sustained, i found myself getting pumped quite oftem, but after a little shake out i was good to move on. about halfway up the pitch I had a nervous moment when i just felt like i wasnt 100% in control, After a little chat with myself and a few long minutes I pushed on up to easier ground, i eventually moved over the top and onto the belay.. Scott followed on up and joined me some time later. we congratulated each other on two good leads and also the matter that for both of us, this was our first Wi6 route.


          Me on "Naturtrueb" Wi6          
 Photo: Pete Collins


          Me on "Naturtrueb" Wi6          
 Photo: Pete Collins


Abseilling off the route feeling pretty good.




Rob, Pete and Ramon were climbing a big line called "In der wurze liegt die kurze" Wi6, I watched from the bottom and the route was climbed in fine style....


A great day all in all and the end to a great trip.....






Ramon leading pitch 2 of
 "In der wurze liegt die kurze" Wi6


Rob Gibson on the last pitch of
"In der wurze liegt die kurze" Wi6




Ramon leading on up the second pitch of
"In der wurze liegt die kurze" Wi6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end