Sunday 19 June 2011

Fathers day at Hedbury

Today I headed down to Hedbury with Phil, Paul , Bill and my Little one Alisha, I didnt have any plans for any routes today, was looking at just going with the flow and climbing whatever, we stared off on Jumping the Gun, a really nice sustained layback 6b, Phil decided to climb it the real way placing natural protection rather than using the bolts, he manged to get some good gear in all the way up the route, I opted for the cowards way and clipped the bolts, We left a top rope in so paul and bill could have a go, Bill managed to get to the top which was pretty impressive to watch...We then moved on so phil could climb the classic 6a+ moves of masses, he also climbed the traditional way rather than using the bolts.

After a bite to eat Alisha decided to have a go at the grade 1, she done really well and after a few winges it wasnt long before she was at the top telling me she was hungry and wanted some more food....gotta love her.
I then tried the tough 6b+ "Mindless Optimism". I blew the onsight when my heel hook slipped causing me to pop off, after a short rest I manged to get the tick second go, did feel pretty tough for 6b+ though.

Me and phil decided to head on round to the big cove to try "figurehead". an e2 that runs up the arete of the big atmosheric cove, apart from the exsposure and a few loose holds the climbing itself was pretty easy, all the gear was good too...

Want to thank alisha for a great fathers day today... Thanks Darlin... also the other guys for another great days climbing.

Although a long way off the talks of an Everest trip in 2013 is on the cards too so watch this space...



Phil Traditionally climb Jumping th Gun


Bill on "Jumping the Gun" 6b


My Alisha on "Very ordinary route"


Me on "Mindless optimism" 6b+


My Alisha on "Very ordinary route"

Phil leading up "Figurehead" e2


Paul on "New age, New stlye"


Me and Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end