Sunday 11 November 2012

Lifes challenges

Crisp Air and bright blue skies greeted us on Portland today, Myself and Paul layered and beenied up heading into the boulderfield, I was super keen to get back on Harmegeddon. I have a slight tendon pull in my middle finger on left hand so was playing on my mind abit how it would be today, we headed on down to a new boulder on the beach that we hadn't visited before called the white tower. A highball slab with not the best of landings, luckily we were only intending on warming up on the easier problems, we both climbed an easy problem called "Banner in the sky". It was a nice climb which was also very photogenic.
Next up was Harmegeddon,  I was pretty psyched but feeling down due to finger hurting a little, we arrived and Paul was buzzing at the line and length of it, we played for a little while re learning the sequence, Paul also managed to find another hold that id been missing so i was a little keen and went for it...
Snap!!! ouch no more crimping for me, the pain through my finger was crazy, I guess its defiantly time to rest now.. this put me in a pretty down mood, not having a good time lately with personal and family problems and now this..
Paul carried climbing but was unable to complete the route, he also managed to tick a few other lower graded routes.

It was nice to get out today and have a good chat with Paul about big plans for next year and the winter season, I guess now the finger as give up i will dedicate all my training to the axes, time to get back on the chalk and make use of the craggy island indoor dry tooling wall.


Paul on "Banner in the sky"

Me on "Banner in the sky"

Paul Keleher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are
naught without prudence, and that a momentary negliance may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; Look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end